Thursday 19 December 2013

It was a Christmas Occasion

Hey Guys! Everyone loves a good party including myself so when my school Christmas dance rolled around I just couldn't help myself but do a blog post on it.


I would like to point out that I am holding a non alcoholic beverage but since me and my friends are all fancy pants we put it in some wine glasses. It is my last year of high school (here in Scotland if you stay on until 6th year you usually leave at the age of 18) so sadly meant it was also my last Christmas dance. Still it was an absolute blast and I had no end of fun the entire night, it also gave me a great reason to get dressed up and what girl doesn't love going out feeling all fancy.
 
 
I got my dress out of New Look and I believe it was in the 'apricot' range, and was a bargain at £30 (£27 once I got a cheeky 10% student discount). I was reasonably brave with my dress choice as it is a fairly clingy wee number and being a teenage girl we are all a little insecure when it comes to our figures but this dress did wonders for me and I really felt confident wearing it.
You cant see my shoes in any of the photos but they were just black suede 4 inch heels with an ankle strap and a small gold buckle, very simple and elegant. They cost me £15 out of Dorothy Perkins in a sale a couple months back. 
On to make up I went very dramatic on the eyes, the camera washes it out slightly but I had a bronzy gold smokey eye with a cut crease look and lots of lashes! I love a bold eye look! So to balance it out I went for a nude lip and a fairly low key base.
 
Face
Revlon Colorstay Foundation (Shade 'Buff')
Sleek Contour Kit (Shade 'Light')
Soap and Glory 'One Heck of a Blot' Translucent Powder
Dainty Doll Blush
 
Eyes
Urban Decay Naked & Naked 2 Pallet (Smog, Suspect, Blackout, Bootycall, Darkhorse)
MAC 'Painterly' Paint Pot
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Yes I used 2 primers that eye makeup wasn't budging)
Nadine Lashes by Eyelure
Seventeen 'Doll Lash' Mascara
No.7 'Extreme Volume' Mascara
 
Lips
Max Factor Lip Liner 'Pink Petal'
MAC 'Shy Girl' Lipstick
 
Brows
Urban Decay Eye Shadow 'Tease'
MUA Clear Mascara
 
Have you all been enjoying partying it up during the festive season?
DaisyAndMints x

No comments:

Post a Comment